Türkiye'de Vatandaşlık Nasıl Alınır
How to get Turkish Citizenship by Investment - About getting Citizenship in Turkey
In May 2017 Turkish government launched an excellent investment program for foreign entrepreneurs. Decisions published in the Turkish Official Gazette on 19 September 2018 and 07 December 2018 revised certain regulations on transition of foreigners to Turkish citizenship. This program allows any foreign nationals to buy a property or bring capital according to certain regulations and give them an opportunity to gain Turkish citizenship. When the program was reviewed by government in 2018, the conditions of investment were lowered which made this citizenship project the most attractive in the world.
- Purchase a property (single or multiple properties) worth $ 250,000
*With title deed restriction of keeping the property for at least 3 years
*Permanent residence is not required
- Cash deposit of $ 500,000 in Turkish banks
*Withdrawal not permitted during minimum 3 years
- Purchase the government bonds of $ 500,000
*Selling the bonds not permitted during minimum 3 years
- Make fixed-asset business worth $ 500,000
- Employ 50 Turks in your company in Turkey
Formalities for Turkish Citizenship Application by investment:
- Get a Tax Number from a tax office in Turkey
- Open an account in Turkish bank
*Passport, Tax Number and proof of residency like public utility bill showing current address are required.
- Make an investment
*Transactions only via bank transfer (bank receipts have to be presented for application). *Obtain a real estate title deed and/or notarized sales agreement with annotation “not to be sold for 3 years”
- Turkish Residency application
You can apply for Turkish citizenship immediately after you have obtained your residence permit. During the application process, no physical presence or interview is required.
Key facts about Turkish Citizenship by Investment
- All foreign citizens can apply for Turkish Citizenship and Turkish passport
- Program is also an option for stateless persons* document confirming statelessness issued by UN required
- Citizenship by investment program includes purchasing a home, rental properties, commercial real estate, building and/or land
*excluding locations in military zone
- Minimum investment period is 3 years
- After 3 years of investment period you can sell your property
- Investor’s wife as well as children under 18 years old will also become Turkish Citizens
*investor’s mother, father or children above 18 years old cannot make an application
- Children born after gaining the citizenship will be also granted the Turkish Citizenship
- Permanent residence permit is not required
- Not necessary to come with all family members to make an application
- To accelerate the procedure, the government opened a special office, in total it takes about 45-60 days to get the citizenship
- Citizenship is lifetime granted
- As Turkish citizen you may travel to other 102 countries where visa-free regulations apply
- No language test nor interview required
- In Turkey, double or multiple citizenship is allowed however check your country regulations
*Some countries don’t allow double citizenship or apply some restrictions
- After purchasing the property Transfer Tax and Value Added Tax payments are obligatory
- Ministry of Environment and Urbanization accepts only reports from sworn valuer
- More than one property can be purchased, total value required is $ 250,000
*Title deed process should be started on the same day
- Properties purchased only after 18.09.2018 to be considered within this regulation
- The exchange rate is verified by Tapu Office on the application date and calculated according to Turkish Central Bank’s rate
Turkish Citizenship Types
Citizenship by investment: The Turkish Government introduced a new fast-track system for Turkish citizenship in 2018. Eligible persons include any person who has bought a real estate in Turkey for $ 250,000 or deposited $ 500,000 in Turkish banks. Both transactions will require three years to remain in place. Eligible individuals who have invested at least $ 500,000 in fixed capital or employed 50 Turks.
The Turquoise System: The Turquoise System was introduced in 2017 and enables individuals who have technical, economic, sporting, cultural, and arts expertise or attributes as well as business leaders and investors to apply for a different type of citizenship, which allows almost complete rights.
Property and Residence Permit Holders: Any property owner who has resided in Turkey for a straight and uninterrupted five-year period may also apply, provided that he has stayed in Turkey for 4 years. Uninterrupted residence permit conditions are set out in Article 11 of Act 5901. For the property value, there is no minimum amount.
Birth: Born in a family with a Turkish mother and father is the easiest way to do this. Article 1 of Turkish Citizenship Law 403 states that citizens who are born to one or both Turkish parents have a right to become citizens at once. If a mother and father succeed in their applications, this is also extended to children. Anyone who has simply lost Turkish nationality may also apply again.
Marriage: After 3 years of marriage with a Turkish national, several foreigners have gained citizenship this way. Certain conditions include living together, avoiding conduct that could damage marital unions, and not putting national security or public order at risk.
Documents required for Turkish Citizenship application:
- Filled out the application form
- 12 Biometric photos of each family member
- Birth certificate
- Health insurance
- Residence permit (may be temporary or Tourist visa is also accepted)
- Marriage certificate and birth certificates if applicable
- Tax payment receipt
- Title deed or property purchase commitment from Notary
- Appraisal report
- Bank transactions as proof of investment (value of $ 250,000or $ 500,000 depending on investment’s type)
How to Buy a Real Estate for Investment in Turkey?
As a reliable real estate agency, we cooperate only with sworn valuers and we will provide you with the best price and property options. In this way you will get a guarantee to purchase a property that meets the regulation requirement. If you live abroad, you just need to provide us with Power of Attorney so we could process with all necessary legal paper works.
Idea of real estate investment may appear as a difficult and demanding process. However, it is actually a very easy procedure to buy property in Turkey. The key to manage this, is once you made your decision about buying a property in Turkey you need to find a professional and reliable local real estate company.
Our new website offers easy search options for real estate in Turkey for you. TERRA Real Estate have already made hundreds of customers a home-owner since 2004.
TERRA Real Estate Company
TERRA Real Estate specialize in the representation of Out-of-Region Buyers and Foreign Nationals in the buying and selling real estate in Turkey. If you're looking into the possibility of owning a property in Turkey, choose to work with a professional, ethical and trusted company.
When you have decided to buy property in Turkey, remember that finding a reputed estate agency with good references and experience is crucial. TERRA Real Estate is committed business member of the Association of International Property Professionals (AIPP) and is regulated by the Property Ombudsman.
As one of the leaders in the Turkish Real Estate Market, we are confident that our wide real estate portfolio continuously offers unique opportunities. Please contact us for further information whenever you interested in real estate investment or regarding any matter related to the real estate market in Turkey.
Viewing trip to Turkey
We organize personal viewing trips to Turkey from all major airports in and around Europe. Read more about viewing trips to Turkey arranged by TERRA Real Estate.
Are you in Turkey now and want to see the properties?
For arranging a property viewing, call us at +90 242 512 25 00, e-mail us
You can call us for free via WhatsApp or Viber at +90 532 341 67 54 as well.
We will be happy to come to your accommodation/hotel and pick you up for a free and non-committal viewing.